Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Reflect on my revised draft

My essay’s two body paragraphs is my weakness. They still have summary little bit a lot and I shouldn't have summary so I have to focus on this problem. However, my introduction is getting better than before. It is very clear and readers can understand easily about my thesis statement.
When I'm revising my essay I focused on my topic sentence and ending sentence of both first and second body paragraph because on my feedback, it says I didn't have topic and ending sentence. So I wrote topic and ending sentences and it become much better than before. Also I focused on my introduction too. My introduction wasn't clear enough so I tried it make clear so readers can understand my thesis easily.
I need to work on my summary VS analysis. I still have a lot of summary and they don't really need for my essay. So I should make them shorter and I have to focus on my analysis. When I looked my paper, I realized that my essay doesn't have my thoughts or opinions. The main point of this essay is analysis so I really need to focus on this.
Again, I think my strength of the essay is introduction. It talks about my thesis statement and argument. So it's is very clear too read and that make readers to understand my essay easily. My weakness is my two body paragraphs. My introduction is good but this makes my essay worse. My body paragraphs have too much summary and only few analysis. So I have to have more analysis and less summary. If I did this, my essay could be better than now.
The most difficult thing is Summary vs analysis. Last year and beginning of this year, I'm always write about what happens in the story. But this essay, I have to tell readers about the meaning of the story and my opinion and thought. This is very difficult because if I have write only summary, it's very easy because I only have to read a book or watch movie so I can understand the story. But this time, I have to think about story very deeply. But in the future, I have to write this essay more so I'll try to get better to write analysis. For me, introduction is easier than analysis. But at first, I used, “think” and my teacher told me that this word makes my thesis statement weaker. So I'm trying to not use “think.” Also in my thesis statement, I said because and it makes my thesis stronger. This is what did I improve. I'm trying to make stronger sentence so I can get attention from readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment