Thursday, November 5, 2015

500 words essay

Kei Yasuda
Ms.Guarino
English IS (ll) G Period
11/6/15

I'm reading "Gathering of Pearls" and I started to understand about Sookan who is the main character of the novel and she is Korean girl. She is going to a U.S college and this novel is about her college life. Now, I understand Sookan's personality, her family, relationships between friends and Sookan. She is really hard worker and nice to everyone but she is a shy girl too. She is missing her family and she cried about them lots of time. Whatever, I think she will graduate the college. Also I think lots of things happen to Sookan before her graduate.
First thing is relationships with her friends. Sookan loves her friends specially Marci and Ellen. They have great relationship right now but I think they will fight each other because they are really different person. Ellen is really outgoing and beautiful but Sookan and Marci is shy. Ellen loves Sookan but I think Ellen will get mad at Sookan or Sookan will get mad at Ellen. Sookan is really hard worker and she sometimes refuse when Ellen asked to go somewhere because she wants to spend time for study or earn money. Ellen doesn't like this when Sookan do this because she thinks Sookan needs to enjoy her college life. In page 54, Ellen said, "You're a college student and need to enjoy college life."
This tells us that Ellen wants to enjoy her life with Sookan but Sookan doesn't because she is busy. I think if Sookan kept refuse her offers, Ellen would say something to Sookan strongly or she wouldn't ask Sookan anymore. But I think they would understand each other's mind. So they will keep good relationship. I think Marci and Sookan will keep good relationship too because they are really similar and they can understand each other. But if Sookan stayed with Ellen too much or if she worked at lot and didn't stay with Marci, I think she will be sad or feel lonely. One time, Sookan couldn't go to lunch with Marci and Marci didn't go to dining hall and she just stayed somewhere by herself. She doesn't like to stay with other people. So if Marci saw Sookan having fun with other girls, she will be jealous. Sookan should care about Marci if she wanted to keep the relationship.

Next thing is family, Sookan loves her family but I think Sookan and her sister's relationship is weird. I think Sookan frustrated already because of sister. She said, "She had told me to share my feelings and experiences, and now she did not approve of the way I saw my new world. She did not like what I was becoming."
Her sister told Sookan that she should share her experience with her sister but after Sookan shared, her sister disappointed about her experience and Sookan confused about it. I think Sookan won't send letter to her anymore because if Sookan sent letter to sister again about her experiences, sister would complain about it and Sookan doesn't want to hear. Or I think Sookan will send letter to sister that about what her sister wants Sookan to do. Sookan still likes sister so she wants sister likes her. I think Sookan will miss her mother more than now because after she read a letter from her mother, she always cry because letters makes her feel warm. Mother's letter is really big thing for her, letters support her a lot. She will be homesick more than now but she will stay in U.S because she wants her mother proud of Sookan. She said, "I must make Mother proud of me."
So I think she will do great job at studying for make mother proud of Sookan.
I think she will graduate the college in the U.S. But lots of thing will happen to her and she will think that she wants to go home. Sookan is tough girl and she is hard worker so she can resolve all problems such as relationship with friends or family. I can't wait till read everything because I want to know what is going to happen and Sookan always learn something or grow up in each chapter, so I want to know how is she going to be. Those things are really hard to resolve, but I can imagine that Sookan is smiling with everyone at the last of the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment