Thursday, January 28, 2016

Me and You - 500 words

I didn't expect this ending. I was very surprised about the meeting. Before I finished reading this book, I was expecting that Lorenzo and Olivia live together after the ski week.
I was expecting that they will live together because in the basement, I thought their relationship was getting closer and they learned about each other. For example, the last night at basement, “she lay down next to me and hugged me tightly” (Niccolo Amaniti, pg145). This is telling us that they have very close relationship and they like each other as siblings.
But their relationship wasn't good at beginning. When Olivia asked Lorenzo, “I mean that I don’t have anywhere to sleep”(Niccolo Amaniti, pg82). But Lorenzo said, “You’ll mess everything up. There isn’t any room. It’s dangerous. I’m here undercover. I can’t open the door for you. Go somewhere else. In fact, I’ve got an idea. Ring the buzzer upstairs. They’ll put you up in the guest room. You’ll be much more comfortable”(Niccolo Amaniti, pg83). This showing us that how much did Lorenzo hate Olivia at this time and how much didn't he want her in the basement. So their relationship wasn't good at all. So at this time, I was expecting that their relationship won't get closer and they will fight at end of the book.
Whatever, their real was still bad after lore son let her into the basement. Olivia was trying to control Lorenzo. For example, she was asking Lorenzo to say, “Repeat. I swear on my parents’ lives that I will be Olivia Cuni’s slave”(Niccolo Amaniti, pg97). This is showing that she wanted to control Lorenzo and it also tells us that their relationship isn't good yet.
Anyway, Olivia and Lorenzo’s relationship getting closer few days later. Olivia was addicted to heroin and her body was very bad. She was vomitting in the bathroom, her body had lots of pain, and she couldn't sleep. Lorenzo was starting fell bad for her. And this emotion will make their relationship better. When Lorenzo started feel bad for Olivia, “I hugged her and leaned my forehead against her neck, my nose on her collarbone, and I burst into tears”(Niccolo Amaniti, pg 110). I was suprised about this. Lorenzo does t touch people a lot. He does t show emotion to people. This is showing how much was Lorenzo worrying about Olivia and this is the when their relationship stated become better.
From this event, I started to expect that they will stay together after the ski week. But my expectation wasn't right. At end of the story, Olivia left Lorenzo at basement. She was gone when Lorenzo woke up. 10 years later, Lorenzo was at hotel. He was going to meet Olivia. They didn't see each other for 10 years. Olivia was already died but I think Lorenzo was happy to see her again.
After I finished this book, I learned few things from Lorenzo's story. One thing is to have close people is making better life. Lorenzo said that he likes to be alone but for me, it seems like he had fun with people more thnn being alone. Also I should lie to people. Lie is making life worse. In this book, small lies became big lie. So I should lie in my life. I learned these things from the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment